Sunday, June 26, 2005

Dear Karl: Part III

We've heard from a 9-11 widow, Kristen Breitweiser. We've heard from a soldier in Iraq. Now it's time for Celeste Zappala, the mother of Sgt. Sherwood Baker who was killed in action in Iraq on April 26, 2004, to speak:
Yesterday I tried to call Karl Rove at the White House, you will not be surprised to learn that they were insulting and snippy to me and I could not get through to his office.  The comment line was as close as I got and  they were clueless as to why the switchboard would not transfer me to the public servant known as Mr Rove.

If I had reached him I would have asked him as he blathered about how anxious and proud the conservatives were who jumped at the chance to have a war, - where are they now on the streets of Baghdad? My son was a very liberal Democrat. When he signed up for the National Guard no one asked, when he was deployed no one asked his opinion or his politics, and after he lost his life protecting the people looking for those weapons of mass destruction, no conservative hawk came forth to take his place. Nor have they lined up at recruiters offices to answer the needs of our exhausted Army.

I hope Mr Rove will show his true colors and sign up for a guard unit, no one is too old now, Pennsylvania guards men in their 50s are serving. If he is too busy slandering half the people in this Country perhaps he could send a child he loves dearly to take my Sherwood's place?

So, what do you have to say for yourself Karl?