Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Kill Em' All

Boy, the wingnuts are just on a hate fest. First we had Republican Senator Cornyn's defense of people getting violent and taking justice into their own hands by using violence against judges. Then there was Republican Majority Leader DeLay's remarks claiming retribution would be directed toward judges in the Shiavo case. Today, we've got Republican Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist describing the Democratic use of the filibuster as "assassinating" nominees. Then there's this one from Media Matters:
Clear Channel radio host Glenn Beck said he was "thinking about killing [filmmaker] Michael Moore" and pondered whether "I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it," before concluding: "No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out -- is this wrong?"
Howard Stern gets in trouble for sexually oriented programming, but this conservative talk show host is wondering whether contemplating murder on air is wrong where all his millions of listeners, some of whom may just be a nuts, might take him up on it. Boy now that's entertainment! I love those God-fearing conservatives. They are the salt of the earth. They are what makes America great. But they might want to review their bibles, as I think killing was specifically prohibited by God. I don't think he would look fondly on suggesting killing to others either.

The Republican Party's new slogan: No man, no problem.

Up is down. Right is wrong. Violence is approriate.